Okay, you don’t have to be a kid or even have kids to enjoy the Disney Channel. But for parents and fans alike, it can be troublesome to think you’ll have to live without the Disney Channel live stream. The Disney Empire, which also owns ABC and Freeform (formerly ABC Family) as well as extremely popular franchises like Marvel and Star Wars, really got their start in TV with their kid-focused network on basic cable.
Without the Disney Channel, the careers of Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling would have never been launched. We wouldn’t have Katherine Heigl, America Ferrera, or Keri Russell without the Disney Channel dynasty. We also might not have Shia LaBeouf, which you can take for what it’s worth.
If you do want to watch the Disney Channel without cable, here are your best options.
Watch The Disney Channel Live Stream on Sling TV
Sling TV is a dream for most cord cutters. It allows fans to watch their favorite networks and shows as seamlessly as cable, but without the high cost or feeling tied down to a service. The Disney Channel live stream is a part of Sling TV’s Orange package, which starts at just $20 per month. There are no contracts and it works with just about any device, including your computer.
You don’t have to pick and choose. Since Sling TV has the Disney Channel live stream, you can watch every show currently on Disney Channel right when it airs. There are even some classics and favorites in their on-demand feature.
So check out the Sling TV free trial. And see what deals they offer on players like Roku or Apple TV (often you can get one for a deep discount).
Other Networks and Shows on Sling TV
Sling TV has a lot more family friendly programming too. There is an entire add-on package called Kids Extra that offers Disney XD and Disney Junior for just an extra $5 per month.
And there is plenty of programming for adults too. Get your guilty pleasure TV fix with home decorating shows on HGTV or cooking competitions on Food Network. You can watch The Walking Dead on AMC or American Horror Story on FX after the kiddos are in bed.
Here’s Another New Way to Watch Disney Channel Live: With DIRECTV NOW
Did you think you needed a satellite and/or a cable subscription for DIRECTV? Well, think again. AT&T’s latest product, DIRECTV NOW is a streaming service that will allow you to get a Disney Channel live stream through your internet connection.
Here are some of the service’s best current features to be aware of:
- A subscription to DIRECTV NOW will get your over 60 channels, plus some on-demand, for just $35/month. No contract, no extra fees.
- You can watch DIRECTV NOW from your streaming device (Amazon Fire, Apple TV) at home, or on the go anywhere from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- There are no mobile restrictions. Best of all? If AT&T is your service provider, using the mobile app won’t count as data usage.
- The grid guide is familiar and easy to learn. You’ll feel right at home if you are still making the transition from traditional cable.
- You’ll be notified of promotions, such as a discount off of a new Apple TV or Amazon Fire player in exchange for pre-paying a few months of the service (optional, and still without a contract).
DIRECTV NOW (review) will most likely be updating and adding new features in the coming months, so we will keep you informed of any new developments.
If you’d like a free trial to get on board early, you can find that here.
Watch Disney Channel Streaming Live on PlayStation Vue
Another way to stream Disney Channel live is with PlayStation Vue, a product of Sony. It is similar to Sling TV with a few key differences. The price starts at $30 to $40 per month depending on your location. And it is only viewable on a few devices, including the PS3 and PS4 consoles. They also restrict mobile streaming, even with their phone apps.
Stream Disney Channel Programming On Demand
It is possible that some Disney Channel favorites are available on streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or iTunes. Since these services on on-demand, the availability will vary. You may have to search to see if you can watch shows from Disney Channel online with these options.
Are you confident that you’ll be able to watch The Disney Channel without cable? If you have more questions, feel free to ask us below.
Latest posts by Laura LaVoie (see all)
- DIRECTV NOW Review: Channel Lineup, Features, Price, and More - July 25, 2017
- How to Watch Princess Diana: Tragedy or Treason? Online without Cable - July 24, 2017
- How to Watch The Fosters Online without Cable - July 9, 2017