ESPN3, like its parent network, is a destination channel for many of the most popular sports events for both professional and college teams. The ESPN3 live stream has become invaluable for a lot of reasons. If you’ve cut the cord and are a fan of the network, you may be wondering how you can watch ESPN3 online. We’re about to tell you that, so just keep reading.
For many fans, the biggest draw to ESPN3 is their partnership with ABC. The network airs many of the games that ABC will air throughout the year. While sports have always been difficult to replicate when eliminating cable, we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to have that fear anymore. Here are some ideas to watch ESPN3 online without cable.
Catch the ESPN3 Live Stream on WatchESPN and Hulu Live
Use your Hulu Live credentials to watch right from the WatchESPN App
Hulu Live is an excellent choice, especially if you’re a fan of the Hulu service that has been around for years. Hulu Live TV gives you some of the most well-rounded access to live streaming television you’re likely to find. Most of the main local channels are included in up to 80% of markets (and growing). You’ll also have popular cable channels and the Hulu on-demand service, which includes all of the Hulu Originals. This makes Hulu Live one of the most exciting streaming options.
Local Coverage and Cable Channels at a Great Value
With the amount of live stream content, plus the addition of Hulu on-demand, you would be paying a much larger bill for something comparable through cable. Hulu Live offers everything starting at $40 per month. You can add on premium channels like HBO or Showtime if you want. You are given two simultaneous streams to start, but you can add unlimited streams for a small fee.
More Hulu Live TV Details:
- 50+ channels, 2 streams, classic Hulu (on-demand), DVR access, and more for $40/month
- No hidden fees and no contracts
- Local coverage that is unsurpassed in streaming
- Enjoy ESPN networks, FOX Sports, CNN, FX, HGTV, and more
- Watch ESPN3 using the WatchESPN app with your Hulu login
- Add-on options for HBO, Showtime, and more
- Add unlimited simultaneous streams for a small fee
- 50 hours of cloud DVR space
- Get your Hulu with Live TV free trial for seven days!
Remember, you can try Hulu Live free for a week, so sign up today!
Sling TV is all You Need to Watch ESPN3 Without Cable
Unlike many services, Sling TV offers ESPN3 right from the Sling TV interface
The Sling TV subscription streaming service has become a top choice for people looking to replace expensive cable and watch ESPN3 without cable. ESPN3 is part of their basic Orange package along with tons of other sports content, including ESPN and ESPN2. Since sports are often the most difficult thing to replace when eliminating pay TV options, Sling TV is a solid option for sports streaming.
With Your Budget in Mind, Sling TV Starts at $25/month
At one time, ESPN3 was only available to users who logged into the WatchESPN app online with their pay TV credentials. But Sling TV has transitioned the network into their regular line-up, making it easier to watch ESPN3 without cable. Sling TV is also a great value. The basic Orange package starts at $25 per month, and there is no contract. So, you can pay month-to-month and cancel at any time.
Other Sling TV Highlights:
- No contracts
- Works on most streaming and mobile devices
- Only $25/month for the basic package
- Dozens of add-ons are available at a small fee
- Sling TV current deals are a great way to increase your savings!
- Watch ESPN, AMC, IFC, HGTV, TBS, and much more!
- Perfect for budget-conscious consumers that don’t want to miss their favorite TV
- Little access to locals
- Test out Sling TV for yourself with the Sling TV free weeklong trial
Stream ESPN3 Using Your DIRECTV NOW Subscription on WatchESPN
Big packages and access to TV Everywhere apps give you more options
DIRECTV NOW is another great streaming service brought to you by AT&T. With DIRECTV NOW, you don’t need a dish, box, or even a contract to get live television. The ESPN family is included in some of their channel bundles, starting at the rate of $40 per month. For the base package, you will receive over 60 channels, plus some limited on-demand options. While you will not be able to watch ESPN3 in the DIRECTV NOW interface, you can access the sporting events on ESPN3 through the WatchESPN app with your DIRECTV NOW membership details.
It Looks Like Cable, but it’s Available at a Better Price
Another perk is the fact that DTVN’s grid guide is a lot like the cable navigation you are already used to, so it should be no problem to adjust. Also, this service is a cinch to get started. All you have to do is plug in your streaming player or download the app, and you are good to go! You can get your shows on most streaming and mobile devices, including your laptop. Don’t fret about mobile restrictions because there aren’t any at this time.
DIRECTV NOW added details:
- Packages start at $40 with no contracts
- Between 60-120 channels
- On-demand access is available as is DVR storage
- Wide variety of channels local and nationwide
- Many regional sports channels are included
- Use TV Everywhere apps and WatchESPN so you don’t miss anything
- Watch at home or on the go – most streaming devices work
- Try DIRECTV NOW today with the free 7-day DIRECTV NOW trial
With YouTube TV You Get Access to Stream ESPN3 with the WatchESPN App
YouTube TV is newer, but it’s growing in popularity
YouTube TV is here thanks to Google, and as you might guess, they have done a good job at making a worthwhile streaming service. As you might expect from Google and YouTube, this streaming service excels, especially in the mobile space. You can watch everything on YouTube TV and it will look as beautiful as it would on your streaming device or TV. That said, there are some kinks to work out. For example, Fire TV is not compatible with YouTube TV, though most other streaming devices do work. Some channels – Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and MTV are also missing.
YouTube TV Has Plenty to Offer
YouTube TV was rolled out in phases, so in some areas you might not have access. However, the rollout has been successful and will continue to grow. Every market that has YouTube TV has access to a minimum of three of the four local channels plus as many as 50 other popular channels, at prices starting at $40/month.
More on YouTube TV:
- No contracts – packages start at $40/month
- Good selection of channels despite some popular options missing
- Unlimited cloud-based DVR
- Watch on Apple TV, Roku, iPad/mobile devices, Chromecast, and more
- Check out YouTube TV for 7-days free
PlayStation Vue Gives the Whole Family Access to WatchESPN and the ESPN3 Live Stream
With five available streams, everyone can watch whatever they want
Similar to the situation with DTVN, PlayStation Vue is a great streaming service with lots of options, but in order to watch ESPN3 streaming, you will need to use your account login to sign into the WatchESPN app if you want to stream ESPN3. There are many reasons to look into using PS Vue as a cable alternative including access to multiple DVR profiles, five simultaneous streams, and plenty of popular channels for the whole family.
You Don’t Need a PlayStation to Watch PS Vue
PlayStation Vue might be owned by PlayStation, but you don’t need a PlayStation to watch this streaming service. In fact, PS Vue works on a host of devices from mobile devices to Apple TV and of course, PS3 and PS4. With the ability to run multiple streams at the same time, this makes PS Vue a good choice for larger families.
More PS Vue highlights:
- More than 50 channels
- Prices starting at $45/month
- Add-ons are available
- Plenty of sports content
- TV Everywhere apps are a great way to get more content
- 5 streams that run at the same time
- Try out PlayStation Vue yourself in the PS Vue free 5-day trial
Just remember that you cannot watch ESPN3 without cable using Vue unless you use your PS Vue login through the WatchESPN app. Our PlayStation Vue review can tell you more. Don’t forget to give the PlayStation Vue trial a shot, so you can stream ESPN3, and find out if PlayStation Vue is right for you!
Where Else Can You Watch ESPN3 Without Cable?
As of right now, there are no other streaming services on the market that allow you to watch ESPN3 without cable. As you can see most streaming services now allow you access to ESPN3 streaming through the WatchESPN app. Of course, if more services offer ESPN3 in the future, we’ll be sure to let you know!
There is everything we know about how to watch ESPN3 without cable legally. If you have more questions, let us know.
Disclosure: Streaming Observer is supported by readers. Articles may contain referral links. For more information, see the disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Latest posts by Laura LaVoie (see all)
- UFC Live Stream: How to Watch UFC Online without Cable - September 21, 2018
- How to Watch TNT Live Stream Online without Cable - September 20, 2018
- How to Watch Sports Online Without Cable: Sports Live Stream Guide - September 20, 2018