Do you remember when Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig starred in the Lifetime original movie A Deadly Adoption? The movie was so hyped, and everyone expected it to be a slap stick comedy because of the stars attached to the project. And then it aired, and it was played straight, and there was no punchline. Fans expecting more were tricked into watching a regular Lifetime movie. That was the joke all along. Lifetime knows exactly what it is, and it isn’t afraid to poke fun at itself. So, it is okay to admit that you like syrupy dramas and murder by number movies. And if you’re worried about missing out on the Lifetime live stream, we hear you.
Before you cut the cord, consider all the things that you might miss out on. And if watching Lifetime without cable is a top priority for you, settle in with some popcorn and check out our suggestions.
Watch the Lifetime Live Stream on Sling TV
Sling TV is becoming the top choice for cord cutters. It is affordable, easy to use, offers a 7-day free trial and has a huge selection of networks previously only available with a cable or satellite subscription. Live streaming TV over high-speed internet connections will quickly become the way of the future. With Sling TV, you can stream Lifetime live, as it airs, and not have to miss out on any of your favorite programming or movies.
Sure, Lifetime is known for its sappy or overwrought movies, but it is also home to popular shows like Project Runway and UnREAL.
The basic Sling TV package is just $20 per month. There is no contract so you don’t have to feel tied down and can cancel at any time.
What Devices Work with Sling TV?
Most importantly, you probably want to know how you can watch Sling TV in your house. The service works with a huge number of streaming devices, like:
- Roku (including the boxes and stick)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Google Nexus
- Android TV
- Your phones or tablets
- Your desktop or laptop computers
That is practically everything on the market today, so you can find a solution that works for you and your household. You may even be able to get a deal on Roku or Apple TV. Sling TV often runs promotions like a free Roku 2 or discounts on Apple TV players.
What Other Movies and TV Shows Can You Watch on Sling TV?
And if you’re wondering, Lifetime streaming isn’t the only thing you’ll be able to watch on Sling TV. There are tons of other hard to find networks that you can stream without cable. This makes Sling TV the very best value on the market. At this time, it is also the only live streaming service where you can watch Lifetime online, but other products like PlayStation Vue (review) do update their offerings regularly.
That said, here are some of the other networks you’ll be able to watch on Sling TV:
- Freeform (formerly ABC Family)
- BBC America
- And more!
You Can Also Get Lifetime Live with DIRECTV NOW
The newest streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, is brought to you by AT&T. With DIRECTV NOW, you don’t need a cable box, dish, or even a contract to get live television. This makes it an excellent way to watch a Lifetime live stream, along with many of your other favorite channels.
- Pricing begins at $35 per month, with lifetime included in the channel bundle.
- For the base package, you will receive over 60 channels and some limited on-demand options. That feature may be expanded in the near future as the service evolves.
- If you have tried other streaming services, but couldn’t get used to how different it was from cable, DIRECTV NOW might be the solution. Their grid guide is a lot like the cable navigation you are already used to, so it should be no problem to adjust.
- This service is extremely easy to set up and start using. You just have to plug in a streaming player or other internet-connected device, download the app, and you are ready to watch!
- You can get your shows on some streaming devices (like Apple TV) and most mobile devices, including your PC or Mac. Don’t worry about mobile restrictions because there aren’t any at this time. (Here’s a bonus: if you use AT&T for your cell phone provider, you can watch on the DIRECTV NOW app, and it will not count against your data usage.)
Don’t have an Amazon or Apple streaming player? No problem. Once you use up your free trial, if you decide you want to continue with the service, DIRECTV NOW will send you one. Just pay one month in advance for an Amazon Fire Stick, or up to three months for an Apple TV. This is totally optional, and there is no extra cost.
Take a look at our DIRECTV NOW review for even more info.
Can You Stream Lifetime On Demand?
Since there are no other means to watch live, you may be wondering if there are other options to watch Lifetime online. There are several on demand services, like Hulu, Amazon Instant Video and Prime, Netflix, and iTunes. Some Lifetime movies and programs may be available on these services, but it will be on a case by case basis. If you’re looking for your favorites, you’ll have to check to see if they’re online.
Do you have any more questions about how to watch Lifetime without cable? If so, feel free to share your thoughts or queries in the comments below.
Latest posts by Laura LaVoie (see all)
- How to Watch Gold Rush: Parker’s Trail Online without Cable - March 24, 2017
- Watch MLB Live Stream: How to Watch MLB Online without Cable - March 23, 2017
- How to Watch Rebel Online without Cable - March 21, 2017