Netflix and Hulu seem to be locked into an animation war. Hulu signed a massive deal with 20th Century Fox last month that brought many award-winning animated adult sitcoms to Hulu, including Futurama which had just recently disappeared from Netflix’s library. Netflix has been adding a wide range of animated titles itself, from the long-awaited adaptation of Castlevania to a new series from The Simpsons and Futurama creator Matt Groening. Now, Netflix has taken its addition of animation titles one step further by singing nearly a dozen new anime titles that will be sure to draw in a new audience to the streaming giant.
Netflix issued a press release this week announcing the new titles. They include:
- Cannon Busters, a mystery tale set in a world inhabited by robots
- Devilman Crybaby, a supernatural demon-hunting saga
- B: The Beginning, a cyberpunk detective thriller
- Sword Gai: the Animation, an epic fantasy saga about powerful magic weapons and humankind’s struggle to control them
- A.I.C.O. Incarnation, a tale about a government cover-up of a powerful artificial intelligence run amok
- Lost Song, a fantasy series about two princesses drawn together by their common ability to wield powerful magic songs
- a new Rilakkuma series about the popular merchandise character
- Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya, a fantasy tale combining the Chinese zodiac with Greek mythology
- Baki, an underground martial arts revenge story
- Kakegurui, a dystopian tale about a world obsessed with gambling
- Fate/Apocrypha, a fantasy series about a Holy War between spirits and magi
- Children of the Whales, a post-apocalyptic series about the world’s remaining survivors who sail the seas of sand aboard a massive ship
- A new Godzilla anime film set in a future Earth overrun by giant monsters
Netflix’s new anime offering begin rolling out later this year and releases will continue through Spring 2018.
Disclosure: Streaming Observer is supported by readers. Articles may contain referral links. For more information, see the disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Latest posts by Brett Tingley (see all)
- Showtime Sued For Mayweather-McGregor Streaming Glitches - August 29, 2017
- Netflix Announces Lady Gaga Documentary ‘Gaga: Five Foot Two’ - August 25, 2017
- Netflix Teases Season Four of ‘Black Mirror’ With Trailer and Episode Titles - August 25, 2017