Sony has made another move to increase the offerings of its PlayStation Vue streaming network by launching Outside Television. Outside Television touts itself as “America’s only television network for people who share a deep passion for the active, adventure lifestyle.”
This follows a month of big moves by PlayStation Vue. Not only did they recently add ESPN, Disney, ABC Family (and the family of channels surrounding those), but they also made the streaming service available on new devices, namely Amazon Fire TV and iOS devices. They also dropped the price on their two biggest packages.
It’s clear that Sony is looking to become a major player in the streaming industry. However, there are still a few questions surrounding the potential success of the service:
- When will it become available in more markets?
- Is the cost reasonable enough to attract a legitimate user base?
We’ll keep a close eye on PlayStation Vue and let you know what’s coming next!
Latest posts by Eric Anthony (see all)
- fuboTV adds CBS, CBS Sports Network, CW, and more - June 21, 2017
- Report: 49% of Pay TV Subscribers Might Leave Their Current Providers in the Next 6 Months - June 14, 2017
- PlayStation Vue Announces It Is Dropping beIN Sports - June 7, 2017