WWE has released its latest subscriber numbers for its streaming service WWE Network. According to its second quarter financial report, WWE Network now has reached 1.52 million average paid subscribers after peaking at 1.82 million total subscribers after WrestleMania in April. This is a 25% year over year increase from the second quarter of 2015.
Some notes from the report:
- George Barrios, WWE Chief Strategy & Financial Officer, said “We achieved a 25% increase in average paid subscribers to WWE Network and generated earnings that were in line with our guidance. Over the past 12 months we delivered record revenue of $703 million. Additionally, for the first half of 2016, we delivered revenue growth of 13% from the prior year period and our digital video views increased by more than 100% to nearly 8 billion and our social media engagements increased 39% to 570 million.”
- Network revenues, which include revenue generated by WWE Network and pay-per-view, increased 29% to $51.8 million. WWE Network subscription revenue increased 25% to $45.9 million from $36.6 million in the prior year quarter based on a 25% year-over-year increase in average paid subscribers to 1.5 million.
- WWE Network content, including the Company’s premier event, WrestleMania (April 3, 2016), other pay-per-views, original series, NXT Takeover, and specials have continued to drive viewer engagement. During the quarter, the Company introduced compelling new content for WWE Network, including Camp WWE and Swerved Season 2, which rank among the network’s top original series to-date. The Company is on pace to add more than 300 hours of original content to the network’s featured programming in 2016, and more than 1,500 hours of archival content to WWE Network, which would result in an on-demand library of nearly 6,000 hours at year-end 2016.
Read the full report here.
Latest posts by Eric Anthony (see all)
- How to Watch Lucifer Online without Cable - April 24, 2017
- Oilers vs Sharks Game 4 Live Stream: Watch Online without Cable - April 17, 2017
- Frozen Four Championship Live Stream: Watch Minnesota Duluth vs Denver Online without Cable - April 7, 2017